The role-playing system
Your world-view (archetype):
You start by selecting one of the archetypes below. This choice will represent your general
outlook on life but does not decide if your character believes in getting along with others, performing good deeds
over evil, etc.
It does however, give you adventages in certain abilities over others. Your archetype is also a limiting factor
in how well you're able to learn a given skill.
The Gods grant him special powers because of his "close connection" and total devotion to his spiritual self.
The madman lives wholly disconnected from society and normal existence.
Soft-soken and reclusive, the builder is a human computer. Having completely lost his spiritual self he
survives by his mental skill alone.
The leader's inflated ego lets him get through where others can't. He's able to co-ordinate the efforts of others
to achieve seemingly impossible feats.
Ever a critic of conformity, the artist finds beaty in all her surroundings. Often it is only by understanding the
world through her eyes that solutions to problems can be found.
A most cunning deal-maker even in issues beyond the monitary, the opportunist can turn an adverse situation to his gain.
He possesses invaluable insight into human psychology.
Fueled by anguish, the anarchist believes in taking individual action to change the status quo.
Perhaps not the best planner, her quick and base reactions can prove life-saving.
Champion of the weak and defender of the innocent, the saint lives her life in order to help mankind.
Your primary ability statistics (stats):
These are the general statistics which further mutate your character from the archetype. How well you
can perform a certain task is derived from this number and the skill. You can improve these values in
the course of your travels as well as reduce them. (For example, sitting in prison for a week will reduce
your fitness and sanity scores.)
- Fitness - Your general endurance and strength level.
- Accuracy - How coordinated you are.
- Speed - How you "show your quickness"
- Education - A combination of both learned and observed facts.
- Wit - Street-smarts; quick thinking
- Sanity - All your marbles...
- Faith - Your belief in the super-normal.
- Serenity - Concentration and ability to remain calm.
- Leadership - How well others listen to you.
- Diplomacy - How well you make others do your bidding.
- Passion - Are you quick to anger?, etc.
- Compassion - Your ability to help others.
These are the skills you can perform in the game. Depending on your stats and archetype you may learn some of them
completely while some others not at all. (Someone needs to add descriptions to this.)
- Hand-to-hand combat/wrestling
- Unarmed defense/self defense
- Etheral magic
- Spiritual magic
- Emotive magic
- Psychic magic
- Infernal magic
- Ancient magic
- Song/Bard skills
- Research Item
- Research Creature
- Research Song
- Research Magic
- Steal/Pick pocket
- Find hidden (doors, walls, etc.)
- Tinkerer/fix items